Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Family arts and crafts

Shortly after my experiment with DIY art for the bathroom, we visited Sam's family in Philadelphia. And when we arrived, lo and behold his mother had gathered art supplies for us all to continue the fun. I was tickled pink that someone actually saw that project and thought, "I want to give that a try!" Blog goals accomplished, I guess I can shut it down now.

Anyway, we had lots of fun experimenting with the paint + chevron outlines technique (and by "technique," I mean "random workaround that I made up in order to mimic something amazing and professional"...though I guess that's kind of the whole idea of DIY).

Here's one that Sam's mom did:


And one from his sister:



I'm kind of obsessed with both of them. Also both of his stepsisters made some, but I totally forgot to snap photos since it was after our first round of experimentation. Such a ridiculously talented family.

I got in on the action as well. Here's masterpiece #2, hanging out on the built-in bar:



I didn't have any location in mind when I painted it, but I actually think it fits in pretty well here!

No comments:

Post a Comment