replace ceiling fan light fixture
lengthen bedroom curtains
expand gallery wall
add some more color somehow?
The gallery wall expansion I accomplished here (though it will always be a work in progress), and replacing the ceiling fan light fixture is still ongoing after this big ol' failure. In the meantime, I accomplished the other three items in one fell swoop. Well, sort of.
I was having trouble picking a color scheme and pattern for upholstering the headboard, as I thought it would be a good way to inject some additional color into the room (see goal #5) but didn't want it to clash with the starburst gray curtains or feel too busy with patterns. Then I came across a fabric that I totally loved, like loved so much I wanted to use more of it than just a headboard. So I decided to make new bedroom curtains. Don't get me wrong, I still love my gray starburst curtains that I made out of Target shower curtains (here). I will for sure find a way to repurpose them elsewhere in the apartment. But the minute I finished cutting, ironing, hemming, and mounting the new panels, I knew I'd made the right decision.
Okay, who's really surprised that there's turquoise involved? :) The fabric is from fabric.com.
I ordered enough to make four floor-length panels, thus resolving goal #3 (lengthen bedroom curtains). The fabric is 56" wide, and I just left each panel at that width. Making the panels was pretty straightforward, I just cut each one to the right length (93"), ironed down a ~1 inch hem on each side, and sewed sewed sewed.
Here's the other window in the bedroom:
I like how the blue in the curtains ties to the nightstand I painted a few months ago:
The photos don't fully do them justice -- they feel so nice and light and airy in person. So, come visit and see for yourself! As for the headboard, I've decided that with the new curtains I don't want to upholster it. So I didn't exactly accomplish that goal, but I did effectively cross it off my to-do list.